Friday, January 4, 2013

Spoiler: Circle of Honor by Carol Umberger

I really liked this book, and I was shocked. I haven't read many romances that I liked. So when I started reading this book and I liked it I couldn't just share that with the world just yet, I wanted to wait and make sure that I still liked it my the end, I sure did.  I'd like to thank you to  my friend Emily for lending me this book. I love the fact that this book is based in the past and gives off that feeling of old romance. The type that lasts, it definitely gives a girl faith. I also enjoyed the characters, the only thing I didn't like about them was how easy it was to determine good and evil.

Characters:
Gwenyth: I was surprised by how relatable this character was and after she was assaulted I felt like my heart warmed to her. Although she is stubborn and defiant, she can also make a girl believe in true love. She was used as a pawn and when Adam comes along it looks like she won't except him at all but by the end a reader can tell that they will be together.

Adam: What a compassionate man? If I found one like this I would hold on tight and never let him go. He is wise, loving and all together the perfect man. He doesn't seem to have many weaknesses and he can control himself which now a days is rare.

Leod: From the beginning we can tell that this character is the obvious villain. The fact that he continually raped women was disgusting and the way he fought Adam was just as bad. I was so happy when he died.

Angus: I loved this father figure, although he had a temper and an illness he held so much of my interest in this book. I hated that he died, but such is life.

Nathara: I didn't like her from the scene in the spring, she seemed spiteful and rude, was I ever right.

Daron: I hope that he finds love, even if it is with Nathara, I guess everyone deserves someone.


Moments to Remember:
♥Pg. 49
" The thought summoned tears she could not prevent, and they dampened Adam's sark. Her sobs did not go unnoticed, for his large hand stroked her hair and he crooned in soothing Gaelic, abandoning the French of daily discourse. He didn't press her to learn why she cried, and she was grateful for his forbearance and willingness to console."

♥Pg. 71
" 'Enough,' Eva said, raising a hand that stopped them both. "I've heard enough. Two more stubborn men have never graced the earth.' "

♥Pg. 132
" Adam cleared his throat. 'My father wanted me to thank you for saving my life, Gwenyth. 'Twas a brave thing you did, defying Leod that way without knowing me from, well, from Adam.' "

♥Pg. 201
" 'We couldn't either of us find an easy bride, eh?' "

♥Pg. 214
"Aye, he would woo her and risk rejection, for she was worth the gamble."

♥Pg. 290
" 'I couldn't let you do that.'
'You couldn't stop me.'
Her remaining tension melted and she laughed and shook her head. 'You are impossible.'
With a wicked grin, he agreed. 'Aye. Will you marry me anyway?' "

Thanks for reading,
Love,
Sidny xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment