Thursday, January 31, 2013

Book Review: You Against Me by Jenny Downham


Title: You Against Me
Author: Jenny Downham
Pages: 413
Publisher: Doubleday Canada
Year Published: 2011

" If someone hurts your sister and you're any kind of man, you seek revenge, right?
When Mikey's sister claims a boy assaulted her, his world begins to fall apart.
  If your brother's accused of a terrible crime but says he didn't do it, you defend him don't you?
When Ellie's brother is charged with offense, her world begins to unravel. 
  When Mikey and Ellie meet, two worlds collide." 

My Rating: 5/5

I haven't read a book in a while that has been this thought provoking. I really loved the last book that I had read by Jenny Downham so when I saw this one I had to read and I couldn't be more happy that I did. This book made me think through what I would do for my family and how hard I would fight for them. I realized that when we wonder what people do what they do, they all have their reason. I loved the characters in this book and how all of them weren't portrayed as unusual people, they acted just like your everyday people. I would suggest this book to any in their teens. It is a honest page turner!
THANK YOU JENNY DOWNHAM FOR BEING HONEST AND UNIQUE!

Thank you for reading,
Love,
Sidny ♥♪♫

No comments:

Post a Comment