Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Spoiler: Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick

I actually wasn’t expecting how this book would be laid out, which for me made it that much more interesting. I loved that Nora lost her memory and she had to replay some of it with Patch, I only wish it hadn’t token so long for her to realize that Jev and Patch were the same person. It seemed like that part went on forever as I was yelling at my book. I did enjoy seeing Patch’s house, I was surprised that he had such nice taste, I thought it would be kind of  messy in a college/teenage boy kinda way but I guess being as old as he was he got over that stage already.
Characters:
Nora: I was impressed that she stood up for what she believed in this time and didn’t just stand back and wait for Patch to rescue her over and over. She at least tried to take matters into her own hands. I didn’t like that she was so trusting with Scott and I think he double crossed her, but in the end if she hadn’t trusted Scott she probably wouldn’t have trusted Patch. I was the most mad that she just assumed that Hank was really just with her mom. Of course he wasn’t he is a dirt bag!

Patch: I really love this guy. Maybe it’s the mystery, or the way he makes jokes about serious things and is a huge flirt. But he’s definitely one of the best male main characters I have read about. Maybe because I’m a sucker for romance. I don’t know call me pathetic, but he just makes me smile. I don’t know how

Hank: I hate him. The fact that he uses both of his daughters to help create his army is horrible and means that he isn’t really a father at all, really I’d just call him a donor. He really didn’t deserve to live and I’m happy that Nora shot him, I thought she was going to just lock him up, and judging by his strength that wouldn’t work. Btw, I’m just wonder, who in the hell does their own blood transfusion with their daughter? That’s just messed up!

Scott: I have little doubt in my mind that he double crossed Nora to try and help his race. I can’t say I blame him. If my body was getting possessed and miss used perhaps for 2 weeks I doubt I would be too thrilled about that.

Vee: What a horrible liar? I mean, I know she was trying to protect Nora from Patch, but friends shouldn’t lie to each other. At all!


Moments to Remember:

♥Pg. 165
“‘Hey now, none of that. You know I don’t have one evil bone in my body.’
‘Only two hundred and six of them?’”

♥Pg. 227
“’It’s called a shower…’ I began automatically, then trailed off. My memory snagged, taken aback by a compelling and forceful sense of undue familiarity. ‘Soap, shampoo, hot water,’ I added, almost as an afterthought.
‘Naked. I know the drill,’ Jev said, something unreadable passing over his eyes.”

♥Pg. 294
“‘You’re not the kind of girl I would have chased after  when I was in Portland, but I’m not the same guy I was back then either. You’re a little to good for me, and let’s face it, a little too smart.’
‘You’ve got street smarts,’ I pointed out.
‘Stop interrupting. You’re going to make me lose my place.’”

♥Pg. 428
“‘I loved you long before you loved me. It’s the only thing I have you beat at, and I’ll bring it up every chance I get.’”

♥Pg. 430
“‘We don’t have to go back to my place, Angel. I can take you home, if that’s what you want. Or, if you decide you want to sleep at my place, on opposite sides of my bedroom with a Do Not Cross line drawn down the middle, I’ll do it. I won’t like it, but I’ll do it.’”


Thanks for reading,
Love,
Sidny xox

No comments:

Post a Comment