Friday, March 15, 2013

Book Review: Where She Went by Gayle Forman


Title: Where She Went
Author: Gayle Forman
Series: If I Stay (book #2)
Publisher: the Penguin Group
Year Published: 2011

"My first impulse is not to grab her or kiss her or yell at her. I simply want to touch her cheek still flushed from the night's performance. I want to cut through the space that separates us, measure in feet- not miles, not continents, not years- and to take a callused finger to her face...
But I can't touch her. This is a privilege that's been revoked."
"It's been three years since Adam's love saved Mia after the accident that annihilated life as she knew it...
... and three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever. 
Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Julliard's rising star and Adam is L.A tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future- and each other."

My Rating: 4.5/5

I really didn't know that this book would be from Adam's perspective, but I couldn't imagine it any other way. This book isn't your average sequel. It's about figuring out that who you are now isn't who you're going to be for the rest of your life. I love that everything has changed since the last book so it's like exploring a whole new novel. The setting was fantastic, and I loved the flashbacks  I realized that Gayle Forman is not afraid to be real (she let's her main character swear!) and I think that's important so the reader can feel a part of the book. The only reason this book wasn't a ten, is that I got upset with people constantly changing their mind, it wasn't suspense... it was annoying.
THANK YOU GAYLE FORMAN FOR BEING REALISTIC!

Thanks for reading,
Love,
Sidny ♥♪♫

No comments:

Post a Comment