Monday, March 11, 2013

Spoiler: Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick

This book was surprisingly better than the first one, which is opposite of what I usually find. I think that Becca Fitzpatrick had a better opportunity to explain some of the things going on with her characters and also explore and create a unique setting that I have never really thought of before. I guess that most paranormal books use a regular setting and then just integrate the oddness (possibly the most interesting thing I've ever said on this blog, but don't hold me to it.) and although the author did this she makes Nora's home town seem unique and I you never quite know what expect from it.

Characters:
Nora: I'm not going to lie, I was extremely mad at Nora on multiple occasions. She just seemed to be making uneducated guesses when it came to Patch and I understand that she wanted to know why he was hanging out with Marcie, but maybe she should have trusted him when he said it was nothing. In the end I think she realized that he wouldn't do that to her, he only did afterwards. Is it fair to say that I think everyone yelled at Nora at least a tiny bit?

Patch: I may be in love with him. More than a little bit. I think it's the way that even after Nora hurts him time and time again he tries his best to take care of her. I can't believe in the end they got caught though! I finally thought they'd be getting somewhere, but noooo. Stupid Black Hand!

Vee: I was sad that we didn't see as much with her in this book, because she spent so much time with Rixon, but she's still that one friend that makes everything way to dirty without even meaning to. My friend mentioned that she's like me, and I don't know if it's wrong, but I said thanks..

Rixon: About 3/4 of the way through I figured out that he was the problem. The way that he kept on telling stuff about Patch to Nora, which if he wasn't getting anything out of it would make him a horrible friend. I was surprised that he would do that to Patch and Vee too. I wonder if he was only going out with Vee to get to Nora? Poor, poor Vee.

Marcie: I know girls like this and I just want to kill her. She's rude and obnoxious. I was surprised that she might be sisters with Nora, but then I thought maybe she was adopted so she feels jealous of Nora. Hopefully that question gets answered in book 3.

Scott: I think him and Marcie belong together. i understand that he's scared and doesn't really understand what's going on with him but I think he could do a better job of keeping in a secret. It's frightening how he acts to his mother. I shivered actually when he spoke to her mind. CREEPY!

Hank: I figured that he was the Black Hand after a while because of the way we found out he was Nora's dad. It would make sense that he killed her adopted father because he was jealous or felt that he wasn't raising her right.


Moments to Remember:
♥Pg. 24
"'Don't ever leave me,' I told Patch, hooking a finger in the collar of his shirt and pulling him close.
  'You're mine, Angel,' he murmured, brushing the words across my jawbone as I arched my neck higher inviting him to kiss everywhere. 'You have me forever.'"

♥Pg. 163
"I felt the unexplainable urge to storm after them and do something I hoped I'd regret- like choke Marcie with her stupid red thong."

♥Pg. 254
"'How can you turn down a once-in-a-lifetime chance to drive the 'Stang?'
  I got to my feet and brushed the sand off the seat of my pants. 'How about you sell me the 'Stang for thirty dollars? I can even pay cash.'
  He laughed, slinging his arm around my shoulders. 'Drunk, but not that drunk, Grey.'"


Thanks for reading,
Love,
Sidny xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment