Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Book Review: Fallen by Lauren Kate


Title: Fallen
Author: Lauren Kate
Series: FALLEN
Pages: 452
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Year Published:2009
First Line: “Around midnight, her eyes at last took shape.”

 “What if the person you were meant to be with could never be yours?”
“There’s something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.
 Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at Sword & Cross boarding school in Savannah. He’s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are screwups, and the security cameras watch every move.
 Except Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce- he goes out of his way to make that very clear. But she can’t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, Luce has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret… even if it kills her.
Dangerously exciting and darkly romantic, FALLEN is a page-turning thriller and the ultimate love story.”

 
My Rating:4.5/5

 
True to the description, this book is a good romance that involves twists that aren’t that expected. Through out the book I found that as a reader I got to know Lucinda (Luce) and could connect with her. I love that the main character doesn’t have the idea of what’s going on anymore than we do and that makes this more enjoyable as we get to find out some of the information on our own. I do enjoy the idea of good and evil and that is well played in this book. I do feel that this book could have used more description at times I was left feeling confused as the words written didn’t give me something to visualize. I like to be able to close my eyes and see what’s happening. True enough I was able to visualize the characters very well, but the events also matter to me and that’s why I wasn’t able to give this book a full 5. I am excited to start the second book and will be putting it on my eReader asap.
THANK YOU LAUREN KATE FOR A DIFFERENT VERSION OF A PARANORMAL (DON’T WANT TO GIVE IT AWAY) ROMANCE!

 
Thanks for reading,
Love,
Sidny xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment