Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Book Review: Over by Anna Carey



Title: Once
Author: Anna Carey
Series: Eve (Book #2)
Pages: 354
Publisher: Harper
Year Published: 2012
First Line: “I started over the rocks, clutching a knife in one hand.”

“When you’re being hunted who can you trust?
For the first time since escaping from her School, Eve can finally sleep soundly. She is living in Califia, protected from the terrifying fate that awaits orphaned girls in The New America in the year 2041. But she was forced to abandon Caleb, the boy she loves, wounded and alone at Califia’s gates. When Eve gets word that Caleb is in trouble, she sets out in the wild again to rescue him, only to be captured and brought to the City of Sand. Trapped inside the city walls, Eve uncovers a shocking secret about her past- and must confront the harsh reality of her future.
In this breathless sequel to Eve, Anna Carey returns to her tale of romance, adventure and sacrifice in a world that is both wonderfully strange and chillingly familiar.”

My Rating: 4/5

This review has been a long time coming, I read Eve in February of this year and had been meaning to see if I could find the rest of the trilogy and in my last book splurge I found and purchased them. This book is a great sequel to the first taking place about a month after the end of the first book. I think that this book while it was a good book, it just didn’t live up to my expectations. There were plot twists and good ideas, but the events were oddly planned out and didn’t run as smoothly as I would have liked.
On the good side of things, characters expanding were great and seeing so many other parts of the post-plague America really struck it home for me. I would recommend this read for anyone who is interested in apocalyptic reads, or futuristic. Probably around the age of 15+.
THANK YOU ANNA CAREY SHOWING A REVOLUTION IN FULL SWING!
Thanks for reading,
Love,

Sidny xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment