Saturday, January 28, 2017

Spoiler: Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli

So I'll start this in the only way I know how. This book was cute. There were parts of it that infuriated me. Like closed mind jerks and blackmailers, but overall I thought that it was a sweet read. And in the sweetness, there was a point, messages. How everywhere in the world there are people who will not accept someone's sexuality which is ridiculous, but sadly true. I thought that the setting of a high school in Georgia was perfect. It is known in the South there is quite a problem with acceptance overall. I don't know how accurate that is and don't want to claim that I'd know because I've never been, but it's rumoured I should say. I think that this story was incredibly sweet and interesting to read. 

Characters:
Simon: I thought that he was an interesting character to read from. Someone coming out and figuring out how those around him will see him after revealing part of his life. I think he was a sweet character to read about, especially as we watch him fall in love with Blue and get to know who he really is.

Bram: I loved how shy he was and how much we found out about him. He is so sweet, and I can't even imagine Simon with someone else. Perfect first boyfriend material.

Nick: What an awesome guy! I do wish that he had been more intune with Leah's feelings.

Abby: Super outgoing and fun? The perfect gal pal.

Leah: I loved her attitude and understood her way of thinking. I think that she felt so much rejection that it was hard for her to deal with Simon coming out to someone new.

Nora: She reminded me of my sister the way she is so quite and keeps to herself. It was kind of heart breaking but also amazing to see her be a rockstar in the end.

Alice: Supportive older sister for the win.

Martin: There is no excuse for the way that he was acting. It's crazy that he thought it was at all acceptable. Jerk!


Moments to Remember:

Final Line: "Maybe I want it to be."


Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment