Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Book Review The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan


28186

Title: The Sea of Monsters
Author: Rick Riordan
Series/Standalone: Percy Jackson and the Olympians #2)
Genre: Fantasy, Young Adult, Mythology
Pages: 279
Publisher: Disney Hyperion Books
Year Published: 2006
Format: Audiobook (Also own a physical copy)

"The heroic son of Poseidon makes an action-packed comeback in the second must-read installment of Rick Riordan's amazing young readers series. Starring Percy Jackson, a 'half-blood' whose mother is human and whose father is the God of the Sea, Riordan's series combines cliffhanger adventure and Greek mythology lessons that result in true page-turners that get better with each installment.
In this episode, The Sea of Monsters, Percy sets out to retrieve the Golden Fleece before his summer camp is destroyed, surpassing the first book's drama and setting the stage for more thrills to come."

My Rating: 4/5

This is another reread for me and while it was on my TBR for this month in a physical form, I found audiobook copy's from my library before I took a road trip. I really enjoyed this second installment and would recommend keeping with the series if you didn't enjoy the first book because this book is where it starts to shine. It was interesting to see how the series "read" through an audiobook. This audiobook was super entertaining and I plan to continue the series through audiobooks, and I can't wait.

Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment