Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Spoiler: Unravel Me by Rahereh Mafi

It's taken me an absurd amount of time to continue with this series (OK, it hasn't been that long it just feels like it has). So now what would be more like me than to binge read the rest of the series that is out. I saw right when i started this book that Tahereh Mafi is continuing this series, which is making me nervous about binge reading the books that I have in case I forget details before the next book comes out in March. 
I really enjoyed exploring the resistance base as well as seeing how many other characters in this world have "developed" powers over time. It was very Xmen to me. I really enjoyed how the author did an excellent job of showing Juliette's mental state throughout. I also find that it's interesting to see a character explore how society has deteriorated with the reader as she was locked away for a lot of the transition in government.

Characters:
Juliette: Our main character changes a lot in this second installment in the series which I'm glad about due to how she acted in the first novel. I was ok with Juliette's behaviour in the first book for the most part, but it was most frustrating that she cared more about falling in love/being in love than her own safety (or those of others). This book strays away from some aspects of romance but guides us into others. I do wonder how she will cope now that she is out in the open.

Adam: I didn't really care for Adam in this book. I understand the whole do what ever you can for those you love, but she clearly is as heartbroken as he is. Why would he push it the way he has? Especially if its gonna result in his death. He has a brother to worry about too.

Warner: I know this is an unpopular opinion, I really liked Warner's character growth in this book. I went into it completely expecting to hate him and still be creeped out by him. But I wasn't. He got too sexy in this book too fast for me and I couldn't process what was happening. 

Castle: I'm a little worried about him. He's not naive per say, I'd say he's kind and excepting which might be what the world needs, but will he get tough on those around him if he fails. What's he going to be like after the battle and did he survive the battle?

Kenji: He's won my heart, he's teasing and sweet. Everybody's friend but still an authority figure. It's hard to think that maybe he didn't survive the battle. 

The Girls:  Kind of creepy, but I also love them. I wonder if they will sympathize Warner or still see him as a monster.

Anderson: He's a sick man, I wonder about his back story and how he turned out to be so manipulative. 


Moments to Remember:
Final Line: "And I'm leaving my gloves behind."



Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment