Saturday, October 21, 2017

Spoiler: The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan

I've enjoyed this reread like crazy. There is my disclaimer. I'm loving this series more and more as I read through it and watch as Rick Riordan's writing grows (and that's saying something because the first book is pretty amazing). I think that our characters grow so much in this installment in the series. This is the first book where we visit the camp in the winter and see once again how serious the conflict in this story is becoming.

Characters:
Percy: He's grown up and learned how to take responsibility for his actions. That being said he has a lot more growing up to do in order to continue on in the series. I also hear that he appears in other series so I'm curious to see how he changes that way.

Annabeth: We don't see as much of her in this book which was an interesting way to take the story. It gave us a chance to be introduced to different characters and see how she affected Percy.

Artemis: I was very interested in her portrayal in this story. I loved that she was so badass but was willing to admit that even she needs help sometimes.

Zoe: I cried in a public place when I realized that she was really gone. It's so frustrating to see such a strong female character get knocked out of the story. I understand why it had to happen and it's so thoughtfully planned out, but it doesn't mean that it didn't pull at my heartstrings. 

Thalia: I never saw her becoming a huntress but at the same time it makes sense. She seems to fit in well, even though she is argumentative. I hope that we still get to see her character throughout the rest of the series. 

Grover: He's growing on me again. He's a sweet guy, even though at times a little naive. 

Nico:  I remembered who his father is about 3/4 of the way through this book and that's gonna throw a wrench into Percy's plans.

Luke: Still a dick, but maybe a hypnotised dick?


Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment