Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Book Review: Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi


13104080

Title: Unravel Me
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Series/Standalone: Shatter Me Series (Book #2)
Genre: Dystopian, Young Adult, Science Fiction
Pages: 461
Publisher: HarperCollins
Year Published: 2013
Format: Physical Copy (Own It)
First Line: "The world might be sunny-side up today."

"tick
tick
tick
tick
tick 
it's almost
time for war.

Juliette has escaped to Omega Point. It is a place for people like her- people with gifts- and it is also the headquarters of the rebel resistance.

She's finally free from The Reestablishment, free from their plan to use her as a weapon, and free to love Adam. But Juliette will never be free from her lethal touch.

Or from Warner, who wants Juliette more than she ever thought possible.

In this exhilarating sequel to Shatter Me, Juliette has to make life-changing decisions between what she wants and what she thinks its right. Decisions that might involve choosing between her heart- and Adam's life."

My Rating: 4.5/5

So after having a sick day, I was able to binge read this book after not reading it for a whole week and just kind of staring at it. Not because this book wasn't a fun or interesting read, mostly because I was ready to lay down and watch Netflix. This story really picks up right where we left off at the end of Shatter Me, and continues to explore the rebellion in this world. I think that this story is so interesting to me because our main character is exploring parts of the world at the same time as we are. I also think this story has an interesting idea of redemption for some of our characters. It made me wonder where the final story will go.
Before I read the last book I will be reading the novella compilation.
 Ps. Anyone else see that they are continuing this series? It's making me nervous about finishing these and then having to wait to read more.

Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment