Sunday, March 25, 2018

Spoiler: Baby Doll by Hollie Overton

So this is a very interesting read. Baby Doll has many different characters that we follow including: Lily, Abby, Eve, and Rick. We see how the escape of kidnapped woman and how her escape affects her twin sister, her mother and her captor. I think that this story was interesting in the way the story took place. I found this book to be a bit slower of a read just based on the subject matter. 

Characters:
Lily: She was an incredibly strong spirit, and I have no idea how she didn't give up on getting away from Rick or protecting Sky. She was thought to be dead for so long, and little did she know that her captor had befriended her family. It makes my skin crawl just to think about it. I also think it's important that in this novel that after time Lily was able to accept taht she needed help and that Sky might need some help too.

Abby: To have your sibling taken and to witness her come back after years of defending her and saying she wasn't dead. I can't imagine. Also to have gained a connection with your sisters first love interest is scary. I did think that she needed help before she got it, and I'm not sure she's going to be able to deal over time with her actions towards Rick.

Eve: I liked her but I found some of her actions to be extremely annoying. The way she threw herself towards men as a term of coping was frustrating especially in the midst of the biggest moment of her daughter's life.

Rick: He is sick. And I think that it was so frustrating that he didn't have a reason to acting for the way he did. But I guess sometimes people do shitty things. I don't even know how to feel about that. I felt so uncomfortable reading from his perspective but I think it was an important part of the story. To see how he felt and rationalized what he did.

Sky:I think that her perspective would have also been interesting but a confusing one to follow. To have 6 years confided to a basement with a closet and a bed, and then to be in the wide open... that would be a huge shock for anyone.

Missy: I understand how she didn't say anything. You want to believe the best in your partner and don't want to spoil your time with them. 

Wes: To fall in love with your first love twin sister, that's a little crazy. A little much for me, but I tried to wrap my head around it. They would understand what each other had gone through and be able to talk about it. That being said, it's really awkward with Lily back in the picture....

Scott: This seemed unneccessary.... like it's important that she was learning to have romantic relationships again, but I would have been happier if I heard that she was working with a therapist to get there along with Scott... or whoever..


Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment