Saturday, March 17, 2018

Spoiler: Genuine Fraud by E. Lockhart

This book was one I'd heard good and bad things about for quite some time. Most people seemed to really not like it if they had liked E. Lockhart's first book, We Were Liars. I actually thought that it was really interesting. Especially the way it was written. To start from near the end and go back to the beginning is an interesting idea and it created different ideas about our characters. I also thought that the audiobook did a great job with the changing accents although I wish I had had a physical copy to keep track of the timeline.

Characters:
Jule: I don't even know where, to begin with, this character. She makes so many choices that are poor and in poor judgement. I do wonder how she started to rationalize what she was doing and who she was doing it too. That being said, she was trying to escape who she was and become someone else. I would think though that it would have been better to go about this in another way. That being said, she was never lacking in the adventure idea of the plot.

Imogen: She is more than a little spoiled. Not to say that she deserved what she had coming, not at all she was just a person who was trying to figure out who she was. That being said, she had a pretty big advantage (money, looks, social charm). It was impressive to see what she could get away with. 

Forrest: Good for him for sticking up for Immy after her death. That being said she did cheat on him and didn't seem to care that much about him at all. 

Pablo: I wonder if they ended up meeting in the future or if he just let her go wondering what she was hiding and why they could never be together.

Imogen's Parents: They were more than a little naive to just trust in Jule, but it made me think about the times that I had trusted someone wholeheartedly and where that might have gotten me. 


Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment