Sunday, March 25, 2018

Spoiler: Struck by Jennifer Bosworth

I expected a lot from this book which might have been my main problem. Whenever someone compares a book to my favourite book I get this urge to read it but I tend to be a little biased about whether it is really like Red Queen. This book had interesting aspects, getting to see the world fall apart, watching two cults battle for the end they wanted, the powers brought by lightning, and of course, the idea that you can change your fate.

Characters:
Mia: She was interested in the beginning of the story, but as I read I was increasingly annoyed by her. She seemed more interested in her love interest than the fact that the world was legit ending. You'd think that she'd have a different set of priorities but apparently not. She also is just too trusting of everyone, except for those I was rooting for. It was extremely frustrating. 

Parker: I think that he was immature and clearly didn't understand the danger he was putting himself in repeatedly. He was also kinda just a stock character.

Jeremy: He was such a basic love interest. He was bound to be betraying her. I kinda figured with some of the white clothing that he was somehow in cahoots with the Followers. But I do wonder about his mother and how his life was with the Prophet in the beginning while he was still being brainwashed.

Prophet: I'd be interested in the point of his view, but not enough to purchase the prequel of this book. I honestly think that he thought that he was the Prophet and he was meant to bring those to God.

Katrina: I want her families back story. It was just kinda thrown in there like an afterthought that her mother had been the leader of the Seekers to begin with.

Mr. Kale: Mind control is shitty. Duh.


Moments to Remember:
Final Line: "'I did.'"



Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment