Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Spoiler: Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi

This whole series had really reminded me of what I love about dystopian. The ideas of what if and what would you do if are very strong in this series. But this story also has the idea of fate. Whether you are born as a dweller or an outsider, your fate was the same by the end unless you aligned yourself with someone promising, and even then odds were that you wouldn't make it out.
I've also enjoyed the more adult aspect of this series. This series doesn't go into explicit details, but it doesn't brush away the ideas of needs and wants. It helped me to connect with our characters and make me feel like they were real people.

Characters:
Perry: His passion for his people and for Aria knows no bounds. I loved that he was a passionate character and wanted the best for everyone overall. I also enjoyed the fact that he clearly cared about Aria and wasn't afraid to show it after so long being apart.

Aria: Aria grew a lot as a character in this last book, she thought about who she was and who she wanted to be. I also enjoyed that she was willing to stand for herself, but was able to ask for help if she needed it. I hope her future is bright, even better than anything that would have happened in the pods.

Talon: He deserves this bright future. And he made me smile.

Cinder: His loss hurt me deeply, but I also think that it was necessary for his loss. I really loved that he showed his emotion and his fear, it's important for us to realize that fear is important.

Roar: I think that Roar is my favourite character. He is charming and funny, teasing as many of my friends are. That being said, his heartbreak was evident in this story and played a very important role in this storyline.

Sable: He is the evil we never even thought of. I honestly thought that he was a Rhysand type, but boy was I wrong. I wonder what would have happened if he hadn't been so harsh and raised to be so Horns above all. 

Hess: Can't say he'll be missed, he was the original villain and I still didn't forgive him for all he put Aria through.

Sorren: I think that Sorren grew a lot in this book as well, he realized it's not important about to be the head man if he wasn't going to live to see another month.

Brooke: I'm happy that she found someone else and was willing to be more friendly to Aria. 


Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment