Thursday, January 3, 2019

Book Review: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by JK Rowling


18245256
Title: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Author: JK Rowling
Series/Standlone: Harry Potter Series (Book #4)
Genre: Fantasy, Classic, Magic
Pages: 636
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Year Published: 2000
Format: Paperback Copy (Own It)
First Line: "The villagers of Little Hangleton still called it 'the Riddle House,' even though it had been many years since the Riddle family had lived there."

"When Harry Potter wakes one morning with a searing pain in the lightning-shaped scar on his forehead, he is not sure what it means. All he knows is the last time it happened Lord Voldemort was close by. Three days later, the Quidditch World Cup ends in carnage at the hands of the Dark Lord's followers- and Harry steels himself for more trouble ahead.

Back at Hogwarts for his fourth year, Harry is astonished to be chosen by the Goblet of Fire to represent the school in the Triwizard Tournament. The competition is dangerous, the tasks terrifying, and true courage is no guarantee of survival= especially when the Darkest forces are on the rise..."

My Rating: 4.5/5

I'm really enjoying the reread of this series, but I have to say that I'm not the biggest fan of Harry as a character. And that's why I knocked down half of a star. I did really enjoy the setting and the expansion of the world that goes on in this book. I think that this book has a really great natural rhythm to it. I will say that I was annoyed with some of the other plot points a little bit, but I'm excited to continue rereading the series but I will be taking a month off from the reread, as my friend needs to finish this book this month (and she doesn't think she's gonna make it).

Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment