Saturday, January 5, 2019

Book Review: Juliet Immortal by Stacey Jay


10261503
Title: Juliet Immortal
Author: Stacey Jay
Series/Standalone: Juliet Immortal Series (Book #1)
Genre: Young Adult, Romance
Pages: 322
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Year Published: 2011
Format: Audiobook

"'These violent delights have violent ends. And in their triumph die, like fire and powder,
Which as they kiss consume.'
-Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare

The most tragic love story in history...

Juliet Capulet didn't take her own life. She was murdered by the person she trusted most, her new husband, Romeo Montague, a sacrifice made to ensure his own immortality. But what Romeo didn't anticipate was that Juliet would be granted eternity, as well, and would become an agent for the Ambassadors of Light. For 700 years, she's fought Romeo for the souls of true lovers, struggling to preserve romantic love and the lives of innocent. Until the day she meets someone she's forbidden to love, and Romeo, oh Romeo, will do everything in his power to destroy that love."

My Rating: 2/5

Just an ok audiobook overall. Good if you're a big fan of Romeo and Juliet or perhaps if you're interested in a retelling. I also think it's good if you just want a quick fun read, I did find that most of it was unreal and super corny. I just don't think that romance books like this just aren't for me. I also disliked the ending, a lot. It's not my thing in a book like this and for these reasons, I will not be continuing the series. I am interested in more work from the author, but I'm not sure if it's something I will be looking into immediately.

Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment