Friday, October 18, 2013

Spoiler: Fallen in Love by Lauren Kate

I really enjoyed this book. It’s one of those books that let’s a reader feel like everything they’re reading is real. The characters, the events (both past and present). It gives a series that truth factor that I LOVE! I think that this was a tremendous idea from Lauren Kate and it will certainly make the final book more enjoyable. The characters have been through so much and learning that makes the rest of the series more interesting. Instead of all the focus always being on Daniel and Luce, it gives others the spotlight. Other’s maybe you’ve wondered about their past and why they chose the side they did. It’s fantastic. Speaking of characters, let’s get this started.

♥Characters♥
♥Miles: I think he is such a sweetheart. He went through so much to try to find Luce, so I figure we all (ok this reader in particular) thought he must love her. And then BAM, there’s a big realization of his feelings for Shelly and how they seem to just click the right way. He deserves to have someone special and I think Shelby definitely works for him. Loved it!
♥Shelby: Ok, I think she’s a great character who speaks her mind, and ya I didn’t see her and Miles getting together, but now that they have it totally works! They’re just the right mix of sweet and sassy. Hopefully they work out and it was just love in the Medieval England air.
♥Roland: This character is really interesting, mainly because he doesn’t seem to be 100% committed to his role as demon. I believe there is a chance that he could cross over to the other side, but then again he did go through some tough times. I was interested to hear about his past love interest because I thought it was Arianne. Whoops. I’m glad that he didn’t kill his loves husband and take his place, but maybe he’ll find a happy ending yet.
♥Arianne: Holy smokes, where to begin on this one. Maybe the important idea of homosexuality involved with the idea of Fallen angels. I liked it because it gave the idea that maybe things had been that way for a long time and I believe in supporting people no matter their sexuality or sexual preference I was happy to see it. Oh yah, and we finally find out where she got her scar. That amazed me and horrified me at the same time, mainly because she has to continue through her eternal life with the reminder of the love she lost literally as a scar on her skin.
Luce: As usual it boils down to Luce and Daniel, although its not all about them anymore. I liked that it ended with her getting into her Medieval self and experiencing a Valentine’s Day with Daniel, it was sweet and not at all what I expected.
Daniel: He is some boyfriend. I love the idea of the peonies being the symbol of their, Luce and Daniel’s, eternal love. Something different and original. Yay for being one of a kind. a

Moments to Remember♥
♥Pg. 15
“’Riding to town t’ fetch a maid, a busty maid, a lusty maid. Riding to town to take a bride, in eventide, a Valentine!’
 ‘Classy,’ Shelby rolled her eyes.”

♥Pg. 20
“…he held a long, pale-green linen gown with bell sleeves and an embroidered golden strip running down it’s center, a pair of lemon yellow stockings, and a bonnet that looked sort of like a nun’s wimple, made of taupe linen.
 ‘But what are you going to wear?’ Miles joked.”

♥Pg. 66
“They’d shared something rare and beautiful, and he’d learned that women felt deeply when it came to love. They felt love in ways Roland could never understand, as if their hearts had extra chambers, vast infinites where love could stay and never leave.”

♥Pg.  110
“’I say, if love is rough with you, be rough with love!’ Eleanor said in her bossy way. ‘Stamp out sadness with dancing slippers!’”

Final Line: “But once it made its first early beats toward flight, it had to be trusted to take wing on its own and soar past the highest conceivable heights, into the heavens- and beyond.”

Thanks for reading,
Love,

Sidny xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment