Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Book Review: Monsters by Ilsa J. Bick




           Title: Monsters
           Author: Ilsa J. Bick
          Series: The Ashes Trilogy (Book #3)
          Pages: 671
          Publisher:  Egmont
          Year Published: 2013
          First Line: “Alex had fallen like this only once in her life.”

         ”The Changed are on the move.
           The Spared are out of time.
            The End… is now.
 When her parents died, Alex thought things couldn't get much worse- until the doctors found the monster in her head.
She headed into the wilderness as a good-bye, to leave everything behind. But then the end of the world happened, and Alex took the first step down a treacherous road of betrayal and terror and death.
Now, with no hope of rescue- on the brink of starvation in a winter that just won’t quit she discovers a new and horrifying truth.
The Change isn't over.
The Changed are still evolving.
And… they’ve had help.
With this final volume of The Ashes Trilogy, Ilsa J. Bick delivers a riveting, blockbuster finish, returning readers to a brutal, post-apocalyptic world where no one is safe and hope is in short supply.
A world where, from the ashes, the monsters may rise.”

My Rating: 4.5/5

This is a series that I found at my local library and instantly fell in love with. The topic of the end of the world is a fascinating one for many reasons. It involves imagination and can also cause a reader to fear for the future. It could be any time if you think about it. There are so many things we as humans don’t know or understand. It’s a thrill to read. Ilsa J. Bick did a great job in this trilogy, using genius descriptions. So descriptive that I found if I closed my eyes I could picture what was going on in my mind (Please say someone else does this and I’m not crazy?). The only reason that I couldn’t give this instalment a full 5/5 is because I felt that parts of it really dragged on. I hate to see a series end, but I felt like this one was hard for the author to end and so it just kept on going on. But at the same time, it needed to have this kind of ending. I can’t say that I know anything about writing a novel, because I obviously don’t, but that’s what this blog is about. Feedback and book loving. Tada. Hopefully that wasn’t offensive.
THANK YOU ILSA J. BICK FOR TAKING US THROUGH THE END OF THE WORLD IN A CREATIVE WRITING STYLE!

Thanks for reading,
Love,

Sidny xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment