Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Book Review: Black Heart by Holly Black



Title: Black Heart
Author: Holly Black
Series: The Curseworkers (Book #3)
Pages: 296
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books
Year Published: 2012
First Line: “My brother Barron sits next to me, sucking the last dregs of milk tea slush noisily through a wide yellow straw.”

“In a world where magic is illegal, Cassel Sharpe has the most dangerous ability of all. And that makes him a wanted man. The Feds will forgive his past crimes if he leaves them all behind and goes straight. But that means being on the opposite side of the law from Lila, the girl he loves. She’s the daughter of a mob boss and getting ready to join the family business herself. Though Cassel is sure she can never love him back, he can’t stop obsessing over her. And now the Feds need Cassel to get rid of a powerful man who is out of control. But if they want Cassel to hurt people, what separates the good guys from the bad? With no easy answers and no one he can trust, love might be the most dangerous gamble of all.”

My Rating: 4.5/5

I’ve really gotten into third series instalments lately, haven’t I? Sorry readers who haven’t read the first two books, soon I’ll be with a novel that you can easily follow without having to read past posts. Back to the topic. This book really dig deeps into the world that Holly Black has created in which there are curseworkers who roam among everyday people. I loved that the characters expanded to the point that I felt like I knew them and was able to picture them. It was interesting to jump into the idea that politics would play with these extraordinary skills and those who were given them.
On another note, I thought this was the last book in the series, but the ending has me questioning that. Think they’ll be another one? Tell me what you think.
THANK YOU HOLLY BLACK FOR QUESTIONING WHETHER THERE IS A GOOD AND EVIL!

Thanks for reading,
Love,

Sidny xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment