Sunday, November 20, 2016

Book Review: The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee


28218953

Title: The Thousandth Floor
Author: Katharine McGee
Series/Standalone: The Thousandth Floor Series (Book #1)
Genre: Young Adult, Science Fiction, Dystopian
Pages: 448
Publisher: HarperCollins
Year Published: 2016

"New York City as you've never seen it before.
A thousand-story tower stretching into the sky. A glittering vision of the future where anything is possible- if you want it enough.
Welcome to Manhattan, 2118
A hundred years in the future, New York is a city of innovation and dreams. Everyone there wants something... and everyone has something to lose.

Leda Cole's flawless exterior belies a secret addiction- to a drug she never should have tried, and a boy she never should have touched.

Eris Dodd-Radson's beautiful, carefree life falls to pieces when a heartbreaking betrayal tears her family apart.

Rylin Myers's job on one of the highest floors sweeps her into a world- and a romance- she never imagined... but will this new life cost Rylin her old one?

Watt Bakradi is a tech genius with a secret: he knows everything about everyone. But when he's hired to spy for an upper-floor girl, he finds himself caught in a complicated web of lies.

And living above everyone else on the thousandth floor is Avery Fuller, the girl genetically designed to be perfect. The girl who seems to have it all- yet is tormented by the one thing she can never have."

My Rating: 4.5/5

So this is another book I was reading and kept putting down to pick up other books or to do other work around the house. So It took me a while to see what everyone has been talking about. But holy shit! I'll have you know that the Gossip Girl book series were my dirty pleasure when I was in high school. I thought they were scandalous and perfect. I'm not saying that they aren't good books, I'm just saying they aren't exactly literary gold. So when I started to read this book I noticed that the drama between the characters was similar, but the futuristic timeline helped to change so many things so it didn't seem too juvenile to me. I thought that the reimagined New York was incredible to read about and I sincerely hope to read more from Katharine McGee (please continue this series, I'm already dying for more). 

Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment