Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Book Review: The Black Key by Amy Ewing


28512427
Title: The Black Key
Author: Amy Ewing
Series/Standalone: The Lone City Series (Book #3)
Genre: Fantasy, YA, Dystopian
Publisher: 2016
Year Published: HarperTeen
Format: Audiobook

"For too long, Violet and the people of the outer circles of the Lone City have lived in service of the royalty of the Jewel. But now the secret society known as the Black Key is preparing to seize power.

And while Violet knows she is the center of the rebellion, she has a more personal stake in it- her sister, Hazel, has been taken by the Duchess of the Lake. Now, after fighting so hard to escape the Jewel, Violet must do everything in her power to return to save not only Hazel, but the future of the Lone City."

My Rating: 2.5/5

So I finished this series as I started it with an audiobook. And I thought it was a solid mah. I liked some parts of the book but overall wasn't a huge fan of the series as a whole. I found the characters changed in a negative way. I thought that the events that transpired in this book were easy to see coming and not that hard hitting. I just thought overall it was a letdown. I'm giving it 2.5 because I found the beginning to be interesting while the ending to be cheesy and rather predictable.

Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment