Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Spoiler: The Black Key by Amy Ewing

So this book was not as good as anticipated and while I knew it wasn't going to be good (I saw many reviewers mention it was a let down) so I didn't go in with high expectations at all. Still was slightly let down. I thought the first half was interesting enough but during the revolution itself, I found the writing to be corny. The yelling (maybe this was on the audiobook only) was ridiculous and I hated it. It just seemed poorly written and foolish. I was predicting sentences and reactions throughout the last two hours. Overall I wouldn't recommend this series to someone who has a background in dystopian.

Characters:
Violet: I thought that she was just so sure about herself that she screwed up so many things. Lucien wouldn't have died if she wasn't a screw-up things may have gone differently for many others. I just hated her overall.

Ash: Mah

Cora: I thought she was one of the most interesting parts about the second half of the book. 

The Duchess: Good riddance!

Raven: She was at least a little more realistic.

Garnett: Cute that he loves Raven I guess...

Lucien: Kind of poetic that he died with the same words that his sister said before execution.


Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment