Saturday, April 15, 2017

Book Review: The White Rose by Amy Ewing


24585267

Title: The White Rose
Author: Amy Ewing
Series/Standalone: The Lone City (Book #2)
Genre: Dystopian, Young Adult, Fantasy, Romance
Publisher: HarperTeen
Year Published: 2015
Format: Audiobook


"Violet is on the run. After the Duchess of the Lake catches Violet with Ash, the hired companion at the Palace of the Lake, Violet has n o choice but to escape the Jewel or face certain death. So along with Ash and her best friend, Raven, Violet runs away from her unbearable life of servitude.

But no one said leaving the Jewel would be easy. As they make their way through the circles of the Lone City, Regimentals track their every move, and the trio barely manages to make it out unscathed and into the safe haven they were promised- a mysterious house in the Farm.

But there's a rebellion brewing, and Violet has found herself in the middle of it. Alongside a new ally, Violet discovers her Auguries are much more powerful than she ever imagined. but is she strong enough to rise up against the Jewel and everything she has ever known?

The White Rose is a raw, captivating sequel to The Jewel that fans won't be able to put down until the final shocking moments."


My Rating: 3.5/5


So this is the second book in the Lone City series and I found myself really enjoying it. I won't go on a huge rant with things that were slightly problematic in this review, I will say how I felt about it overall though. It was a good audiobook. I thought that the characters paths were still interesting and while we did see some growth and learnt more about some characters pasts, we didn't really see a huge leap and change. I did find myself feeling this was a bit of a filler for the final book (which I have on hold on audiobook at the library).  This book took little time to get into and while I had to concentrate, it didn't involve a lot of focus and I did love the kickass female them that it set. Especially when I was working out at the gym, it was a good distraction from how out of breath I was feeling (#sofit). I do hope to continue with this series and read some of the ebooks that are available through overdrive, but I don't feel a huge rush to jump into the next book, I'll get to it when I can. 

Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment