Sunday, April 2, 2017

Book Review: The Winner's Kiss by Marie Rutkoski


25526307
Title: The Winner's Kiss
Author: Marie Rutkoski
Series/Standalone: The Winner's Trilogy (Book #3)
Genre: Fantasy, Young Adult, Romance
Pages: 484
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Children's
Year Published: 2016
Format: Physical paperback copy
First Line: "He told himself a story."

"Wishes don't win wars.
The empire is at war and a heartbroken Arin leads his people to battle. But, he can't forget Kestrel- or how she's betrayed him. Kestrel is a sly, ruthless killer, caring more for the goly of the empire than for the lives of innocent people- and certainly more than for him.

At least, that's what he thinks.

In the frozen north, Kestrel is sentenced to life imprisonment in a brutal work camp. As she searches desperately for an escape she wishes Arin could know what she sacrificed for him. She wishes she could make the empire pay for what they've done to her.

But no one gets what they want just by wishing.

High stakes, true love and the destiny of nations come together in a heart-pounding climax to the bestselling Winner's trilogy."

My Rating: 4.5/5

So I finally finished this series and was super nervous for all my fictional babies in this book and damn Marie Rutkoski she did not disappoint. I thought that this was a marvelous conclusion to a very interesting series. The political drama continued, the romance was still swoon worthy and the characters stayed true to who I remembered them to be. That being said, I did find that the beginning of this book seemed to drag a little. I found that it was taking a little to long to get to the pieces that I was hoping would happen and for that reason I knocked off half a star. I will say that the twists and turns in this book still managed to catch me completely off guard and I was ready for the worst at almost every moment. 
Marie Rutkoski you've made me laugh, cry and sigh with this trilogy and when you write more books (which you have to) I will be in line to pick them up.

Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment