Friday, April 14, 2017

Book Review: The Carnivorous Carnival by Lemony Snicket


324277


Title: The Carnivorous Carnival
Author: Lemony Snicket
Series/Standalone: A Series of Unfortunate Events (Book #9)
Genre: Fiction, Young Adult, Fantasy
Pages: 286
Publisher: HarperCollins
Year Published: 2002
Format: Hardback Library Copy

First Line: "When my workday is over, and I have closed my notebook, hidden my pen, and sawed holes in my rented canoe so that it cannot be found, I often like to spend the evening in conversation with my few surviving friends."

"Dear Reader,

The word 'carnivorous,' which appears in the title of this book, means 'meat-eating' and once you've read such a bloodthirsty word, there is no reason to read any further. This carnivorous volume contains such a distressing story that consuming any of its contents would be far more stomach-turning than even the most imbalanced meal.
To avoid causing discomfort, it would be best if I didn't mention any of the unnerving ingredients of this story, particularly a confusing map, an ambidextrous person, an unruly crowd, a wooden plank, and Chabo the Wolf Baby.
Sadly for me, my time is filled with researching and recording the displeasing and disenchanting lives of the Baudelaire orphans. But your time might be better filled with something more palatable, such as eating your vegetables, or feeding them to someone else.

With all due respect,
Lemony Snicket."

My Rating: 5/5

As I mentioned in my review of the 8th book review, I think that this series really took a turn now and I'm enjoying it far more than I enjoyed the first books. While I liked the first books, I found them to be a little too repetitive and young for me. At this point, I'm extremely excited to continue my reading of the series. I found this book caught me off guard with a twist or turn here and there. I think that the writing style in this series is by far one of the most unique styles I've ever read and it really sets the books apart. I am looking into watching the Netflix series but hoping to finish the series first. I plan to pick up the next 4 books in May and June.. if not before then. My curiosity is killing me.

Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment