Monday, February 26, 2018

Spoiler: Leviathan by Scott Westerfield

This story was a huge surprise to me. When I first picked it up I thought that I wouldn't be able to get into the storyline, that it was a little too much to fast. But after taking some time away from it I found that I really enjoyed the different world and the characters. I think that this steampunk twist makes an interesting war story. I also wonder how these two allies that we've found in this story will continue to get along.

Characters:
Dylan/Deryn: I really enjoyed her point of view. Her love for flying led her to a dangerous path. I only wonder how long she'll be able to keep up the scheme that she's a boy. I don't think it will be too much longer. I also wonder about her feelings for Alek. That is not a priority and more than a little of an unnecessary romance. At least in my eyes.

Alek: Imagine being viewed as less than those around you and then all of a sudden being told that you are able to inherit after years of believing that you would not be able to. I also wonder how he'll keep that secret long enough for the emperor to die. 

Klopp: Seems kind enough and is able to keep Alek in line when he needs to. All except when it matters (good job sneaking out of the castle Alek).

Dr Barlow: Something about her gives me Ms Coulter vibes for sure. I also found that she is just rude to those around her. Maybe this is due to her relations with Darwin. I also wonder how she'll continue on this journey. 

Volger: I like his sass and ability to tell Alek what he thinks, even if sometimes its a little harsh. 




Moments to Remember:

Final Line: "But the eggs just sat there, not answering at all."


Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment