Monday, February 26, 2018

Book Review: Leviathan by Scott Westerfield


6050678
Title: Leviathan
Author; Scott Westerfield
Series/Standalone: Leviathan Series (Book #1)

Genre: Steampunk, Young Adult, Science Fiction
Pages: 440
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Year Published: 2009
Format: Physical Copy (Own It)
First Line: "The Austrian horses glinted in the moonlight, their riders standing tall in the saddle, swords raised."

"Choose your weapon: Beastie and Clanker

Aleck is a prince without a throne. On the run from his own people, he has only a fighting machine and a small band of men.

Deryn is a girl disguised as a guy in the British Air Service. She must fight for her cause- and protect her secret- at all costs.

Aleck and Deryn are thrown together aboard the mighty airship Leviathan. Though fighting side by side, their words are far apart. British fabricated beasts versus German steam-powered war machines. They are enemies with everything to lose, yet somehow destined to be together."

My Rating: 4/5

I went into this book expecting to love it from the start, and at the beginning, it was a little too out there for me. I found the storyline a little difficult to grasp, as well as the science fiction concepts. That being said, as I read I grew more and more interested in the characters as well as the world. I find that the storyline grew on me as I began to understand the world and the difference between the Darwinists and the Clankers. Along with the awesome writing, the author added illustrations if you are like me and have trouble envisioning things that are a little out there. The story overall was very interesting and I look forward to continuing the series. 

Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment