Thursday, February 1, 2018

Spoiler: Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

This book has been debated in both the film community and the book community for being a problematic story. But I think that the story hits a little too close to home for many people. The idea of how your life would change if your life changed so much in a moment. I understand that this book is problematic but it does deal with the idea of assisted suicide which has been a changing law in the past years for many societies. That being said I don't agree with some of the ways things in this novel were portrayed. I do plan on continuing the series, but don't have plans to do so immediately.

Characters:
Will: I think that while it would be extremely depressing, this story would have been more enjoyable for me if it had been written from Will's point of view. At least some times. I wonder about how he felt so close to the end and if he was scared of what he was going into. I also wonder about his life before his accident and immediately after.

Nathan: I think that Nathan made many good points throughout the story. It showed the way he felt about Will being given his own choices. I think that he was also one of Will's best friends. Someone who understanded him and who Will didn't have to hide from. 

Lou: I liked Lou, but I found at times that she was an irrtating character. Maybe because she, like so many others has become content with what she has instead of daring to dream to be bigger.  

Treena: I was glad that she began to realize that she wasn't the most important person on earth. Thank goodness for that.

Camilla: I wish that she would have spent more time with her son in the 6 months that she had. I understand that she had to work, but if you knew that you son was losing a battle wouldn't you want to spend some time with him.

Patrick: I think that he deserves everything he got. He was rude, and I think he was just with Lou out of convinience at this point. I do wonder if he will be there in future books.


Moments to Remember:

Final Line: " And stepping out from behind the table, I straighted my bag on my shoulder and set off down the street toward the parfumerie and the whole of Paris beyond."


No comments:

Post a Comment