Monday, February 25, 2013

Spoiler: Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

This book is an amazing balance between reality and legend. I loved that Hush, Hush takes place n a small town, for me this always makes it seem more plausible. The atmosphere that is found in this book is all too important the way that it's always raining or dark and the rare sunny days show alot and help the author display what Nora is feeling. The storms particularly help with the feeling of unrest and indecisiveness. I love the farm house that Nora lives in. It is completely original!

Characters:
Nora: I got frustrated with Nora at the beginning she seemed to goody-goody. It drove me insane, but when she meets Patch she starts to loosen up and be herself. I love them together it kind of follows the idea that a boy wants a good girl whose only naughty for him and a girl whats a bad boy whose only sweet for her. It all makes sense if you look at it that way.

Vee: I love Vee! My favorite character in this book by far, she isn't afraid to say what she wants. She's alot like me in the way that she is constantly making dirty jokes and checking out boys. Most of my favorite moments involve her directly.

Patch: What a sexy male lead? I mean, who doesn't like tall, dark, mysterious and handsome? He is insanely hot and I'm completely jealous of Nora.

Elliot: I knew he was evil, but kind of in a trance? WTH?

Jude: I never thought I would see Jude being the bad guy, but at the end its so easy to put two and two together. He's crazy and I'm insanely happy that he died, but I wonder if he'll be back.

Ms.Green: I think that she took the nutty, ex-girlfriend cake. She is freaking insane!


Moments to Remember:
♥Pg. 9
"'Good sleuthing takes practice,' he continued.
  'So does sex,' came another back-of-the-room comment. We all bit back laughter while Coach pointed a warning finger at the offender.
  'That won't be part of tonight's homework.'"

♥Pg. 11
"'Human reproduction can be a sticky subject-'
  'Eww!' groaned a chorus of students."

♥Pg. 46
"'I'm trying to read the tile he's holding... hang on... How to Be a Stalker.'
'He is not checking out a book with that title.' But I wasn't sure.
'It's either that or How to Radiate Sexy Without Trying.'"

♥Pg. 58
"'Mmm, check it out,' said Vee. 'Mr. Green Sweater is getting out of his seat. Now that's a body that hits the gym regularly. He is definitely making his way toward us, his eyes pursuing the real estate, your real estate, that is.'"

♥Pg. 384
"'She'll kill me if she finds you here. Can you climb trees? Tell me you can climb a tree!'
Patch grinned. 'I can fly.'
Oh. Right. Well, okay."


Thanks for reading,
Love,
Sidny xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment