Saturday, August 3, 2013

Book Review: Ashes by Ilsa J. Bick


Title: Ashes
Author: Ilsa J. Bick
Series: The Ashes Trilogy
Pages: 454
Publisher: Egmont USA
Year Published: 2011

“The air was a welter of odors: Ellie’s fear: that charry, sweet stench: her own peculiar perfume of sweat and anxiety; and that dead-meat stink that pillowed through the woods like ashy, gray smoke.

  Slowly, carefully Alex dropped to her knees, the cold earth biting through her hiking pants. Ellie didn’t move a muscle. Wordlessly, Alex followed the girl’s horrified gaze and then her blood turned to slush.

  No, she thought. No, please, God, I’m not seeing this.”

My Rating: 5/5

I wasn’t sure what this book would be about but the title and front cover caught my eye as I was scanning over young adult covers at my library. A terrific read! I could hardly put it down, not even to get some sleep and finally once I did all I could think of was what was going to happen and how terrified the characters must feel. Ilsa J. Bick paints a horrifying but realist  portrait that easily can be visualize by the reader. In my opinion, that is the part of the book that makes it a 5, the amazing attention to detail. This is so tricky because I don’t wanna give it away! I would recommend this book to teens who enjoy horror and gore.

THANK YOU ILSA J. BICK FOR PAINING A BRUTAL YET BELIEVABLE FUTURE!

 

Thanks for reading,

Love,

Sidny xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment