Thursday, August 22, 2013

Book Review: Shadows by Ilsa. J. Bick



Title: Shadows
Author: Ilsa J. Bick
Series: The Ashes Trilogy
Pages: 518
Publisher:  Egmont USA
Year Published: 2012
First Sentence: “Fubar: That was Jed’s name for it.”

“The Apocalypse does not end. The Changed will grow in numbers. The Spared may not survive.
 Even before the EMPs brought down the world, Alex was on the run from the demons of her past and the monster living in her head. After the word was gone, she believe Rule could be a sanctuary for her and those she’d come to love.
 But she was wrong.
 Now Alex is in the fight of her life against the adults, who would use her, the survivors, who don’t trust her, and the Changed, who would eat her alive.
 Welcome to Shadows, the second book in the haunting apocalyptic Ashes Trilogy: where no one is safe and the humans may be the worst of the monsters.”

My Rating: 4.5/5

Just in case any one was curious I spent a long time reading this book so I apologize for not posting on a regular basis. I’m working on it, swear. This book was quite a bit different from the first book in the Ashes trilogy. I think the way the author separates the chapters between characters is an important fact. It helps the reader see what’s going on everywhere and most definitely adds suspense. That’s something I don’t think I can read without. So thumbs up for that one. I do love that we got to explore other characters that caught my eye in the first book, it’s a great use of expansion. The only reason I can really say that this book isn’t a 5/5, is because by the end it was too much switching around. A little bit was useful and good to read with. Near the end I suppose I just got frustrated with the ending. But I certainly can’t wait for book three, Monsters which is set to come out on September 10th, believe me I’ve checked every book site I could find looking for it.
THANK YOU ILSA J. BICK FOR SHOWING PASSION IN A TIME WHERE IT IS HARD TO FIND ANY GOOD!

Thanks for reading,
Love,

Sidny xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment