Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Spoiler: The Future of Us by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler

So as I will mention in the review, I got this book on loan through overdrive and my local library. I thought that this book was an interesting concept into looking in the future and how one small choice can ripple and completely change your future. That being said, I didn't enjoy the characters at all. I thought that they were completely immature, I know that they're like 16 and 17, but seriously they were annoying me. 
Overall this book was ok. I didn't love it, I didn't hate it. It was a solid mah.

Characters:
Emma: I thought that she was a self-centered ass. I really didn't appreciate her character. She just didn't seem to care about those around her. She put herself first and did what she thought was best for her with no regard. The first time I was on her side, but I also thought that sometimes you gotta play it by ear.

Josh: I think that Josh had good intentions but the teenage boy stereotypes were too real. "I gotta like this girl cause she's so damn hot." Screw that. Don't write that. Be different. Be better. I did appreciate the fact that he wanted Emma to stop and think about what she was doing and who she could be hurting.

Kellan: But does she get pregnant, though?????

Tyson: Once again the stereotypes are too real. Chill, skater guy. #90s.

Cody: Saw this one coming from miles away. This character really reminded me of a lot of people I went to high school with.  I guess he was single in the future for a reason.

Sydney: Hot but not necessarily the one. I hope she got what she wanted out of life in the long run.


Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment