Saturday, October 22, 2016

Spoiler: With Malice by Eileen Cook

As I mentioned before, I thought that this book would be quick and a fun thriller to read. Perfect for the season. And while I liked this book, it wasn't one that I loved by any stretch. I thought that this wasn't as thrilling as I hoped and while it did give me the "Who done it's" feeling. I didn't think that it was awe inspiring. I wasn't shocked but also wasn't impressed with the end. I thought that leaving a would-be thriller open ended was a poor choice. I don't want to think about what happened, I want you to tell me. Tell me who did it. I mean we get a just idea but screw that. I'm still a little ticked off. I also found that there were underlying themes that just didn't come to life as much as I thought they should.

Characters:
Jill:  I thought that Jill was a poor character to follow. She and Simone are unlikely friends, who have been friends for as long as anyone can remember. I thought that while Jill was privileged it showed that she could also have struggled. I also thought that some of her goals were a little crazy, but I guess when you have the opportunities to dream you do so. I also thought that at the end she became the Chilly Jilly we all feared.

Simone: It sounds like she was quite the piece of work. She might have wanted what others had, or had been jealous of what they had/have. Also, who kisses her boyfriend. I don't know what went on with them but I wonder if the end situation was plausible. 

Anna: I think that she was a good eye opener. Like hello, you have people to bail you out. We never see anyone visit Anna. Like what the heck?!? Come on Jill smarten up. I liked her talk with her, though. 

Jill's Mom: Impossibly nice.

Jill's Dad: It must be a lot of work to be such an arse. I guess it's good that he has money and wants to help his daughter. But was it for Jill or for others in his family.

Evan: What I imagine expensive lawyers to be like in real life....

Nicco: You're still my number 1 suspect sir. It was you. You're a dick and it was you... that is all.



Moments to Remember:
Final Line: "The truth- and how I chose to tell it- was now up to me."

Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment