Saturday, January 7, 2012

Book Review: Scrambled Eggs At Midnight by Brad Barkley and Heather Hepler



"Where Renaissance Faire and Fat Camp meet."

"Calliope (or Cal as she calls herself) wants nothing more than to stay put; to stop traveling cross-country with her mother, sleeping in a tent, and abandoning all belongings whenever they pull up stakes. Meanwhile, Eliot misses the happy times he left behind when his father decided to open a camp for kids look to lose weight and find Jesus. When Cal and Eliot meet by chance, they feel and immediate connection. Together they must face their isolation, the threat of yet another move, and the deepening of Eliot's father's obsession. In their case, love just might be everything it's cracked up to be."

MY RATING: 8/10


I think the back description of this book is misleading, I thought I was going to hate this book by reading that but I thought hey, you know what they say, you can't judge a book by it's cover. That was a terrible joke, realistically I thought What the hell is with the green lips??? And so I thought that I should read. Honestly the back isn't explaining how likable this book is.
I didn't love this book but I didn't hate it either, I just liked it. It was kinda fluffy and cute. I knew that it was gonna be a good book when I realized that both the authors used humor. I do enjoy a good laugh. I think anyone who keeps up with this blog kinda realizes that. I have trouble with seriousness and.... apparently staying on topic. If you're looking for a cute chick book to read, I think you'd like this one. There isn't alot of thinking being done really. It makes you wonder, maybe, but really it's just an enjoyable read. It was good for christmas break, I could just cuddle up with some hot chocolate and this book and read. I didn't really cry or anything but I did laugh :) and laughing always makes me happy.

There also isn't really anything that inappropriate (in comparison to other things i've read lately) this book is tame for most teens I would say.

THANK YOU BRAD BARKLEY AND HEATHER HEPLER FOR A CUTE CHICK READ THAT INCLUDED LAUGHETER =D
Thanks for reading, someone, maybe...
Love, Sidny♥♪♫

No comments:

Post a Comment