Thursday, September 8, 2016

Spoiler: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas

So if you don't like retellings or fantasy, I would suggest you just skip over this one.. But if you like these things or are interested in trying it out I would suggest this book. As mentioned in the review this book has adult content such as sexual scenes, etc. I think that this really added to the book and was done tastefully. I also found that the way this book was written it was very interesting to see how it related to Beauty and The Beast. I think that the way the world building was incredible and detailed. This being said, we don't know everything about the Fae lands all in all. Although I think that we will see more of the realms (?) in the next book.  Also those characters that you can fall in love with though. If you've read this who are you shipping together? Tell me in the comments.

Characters:
Feyre: I think that she was an interesting character to follow and watch. The way she thinks about those around her and was strong enough to take care of those around her through a struggle. Never mind take care of them, how about deal with their spoiled little selves. I also enjoyed watching her fall in love with Tamlin. She was a tough cookie and I'm sure will continue to be. That being said, I believe that she will fall into a darkness with the next book after the guilt at the end of the book.

Tamlin: I ship them. Ok I said it. I'm hip and know things. I think that Tamlin is the obvious choice. I really loved him as a character. He was caring and smart and sweet. I liked that he could be wild and crazy but at other times he was putty in Feyre's hands. I enjoyed it so much. 

Lucien: I think he was a fun character to read about although he had a tragic past. He treated Feyre like an average person, teasing her and taking care of her at the same time. I wonder what he will do in the next book.

Amarantha: So being a brat didn't get her what she wanted. The obvious villain in this book and what a good one. She was great and evil. I wonder more and more about who will replace her in A Court of Mist and Fury.

Rhysand: I understand why people ship them, but I just don't know if I like him yet. I guess the once a month visits will tell. I think that he was helpful, but was that only to get what he wanted or was it because he was drawn into her.

Nesta: Still don't like her. Don't think I ever will. But I do wonder why the glamour didn't work on her.



Moments to Remember:
Final Line: "'Let's go home,' I said, and took his hand."

Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment