Sunday, September 18, 2016

Review: Firelight by Kazu Kibuishi


25943106

Title: Firelight
Author: Kazu Kibuishi
Series: Amulet Series (Book #7)
Genre: Fantasy, Middle Grade, Graphic Novel, Adventure
Pages: 199
Publisher: GRAPHIX
Year Published: 2016

"A hidden past... and a deadly secret. 
Emily, Trellis, and Vigo visit Algos Island, where they can access and enter lost memories. They're hoping to uncover the events of Trellis's mysterious childhood- knowledge they can use against the Elf King. What they discover is a dark secret that changes everything. Meanwhile, the Voice of  Emily's Amulet is getting stronger, and thretens to overtake her completely."

My Rating: 5/5

Holy moly. So I bought this book (the last copy at McNally Robinson) and tried to save it for a while, but I couldn't wait any longer I needed to know. Had to have it and know what happens. You know to my characters, my babies. And this instalment did not disappoint. I loved it. I think that this story line has expanded so much from the middle grade story we started with. I've fallen in love with the plot, the world and the characters. Unfortunately the next book isn't set for release until 2017, or 2018. One of the two. Can't wait to see where Kazu Kibuishi will take this story next.

Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment