Sunday, September 25, 2016

Spoiler: A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas

So I did it. I read the mammoth. And I found that this book was so much better than the first one and I loved that one so much! So now get ready for me to loose my mind. I found that the setting was very interesting. The change from the spring court to the night court was fantastic. Everything down to the clothes was amazing. I loved that everything was so different and a different way to look at the "bad characters." I also found that some interesting subjects were tackled in the book, PTSD and abuse was crazy. I thought that the characters did change a little too quickly, but that being said, I found that there wasn't any instalove. Relationships in this book were built over time.
Also this book is very explicit when it talks about sex. Just for young readers

Characters:
Feyre: I thought that the change was a little crazy in this book. The way that she was so disturbed in the beginning made me feel that this book was already headed in a different direction. I loved it. I thought that her finding herself and who she was meant to be was incredible. I also found that the mating was amazing and her and Rhys together make total sense to me. I loved how she changed into a total badass. I thought that the way she fought for everyone and once again sacrificed for her family and for the night court. Can't wait to see her as a spy.  Also the sex was incredibly hot. 

Rhysand: I thought that his back story was incredible. The way we get to see what he did for who he loves. The way he's broken and shattered. I loved it how he was equal and pushed Feyre to be better. Whether that be through flirting or sassing back and forth. I also found that he became an incredible loving character. I think that he was a strong character to say the least and to see him bow to her. Ugh my heart just burst. Especially that ending were they fake their bond is over. My heart. Ow.

Tamlin: What the hell man? I loved you and now you're hurting me so much.  And maybe it's my own fault for writing off all his past behaviour as part of the curse or like hey that's the beauty and the beast part. But now he's just a total dick. I couldn't stand him. The way he locked her in. I was bawling like a child. How could he not see how much he was hurting her?? Also the way he acts to get her back. Once again the possesive crazy behaviour cut me so deep. I did not see the twist coming.

Lucien: Also dude, what the fuck? I try not to swear on this blog but could you not see how stupid things were getting. Did you not think like for the safety of your land at stake? And your people? Come on. Alse you and Elias yay. Finally someone for you but god damn it. You could have seen before that. The frustration is so real.

Mor: I loved how she owned every piece of who she is. She didn't take the crap that other people gave her under the mountain. I also thought that it was tremendous the way she overcame throughout the series. I loved the three people love between herself, Cassian and Azriel. 

Amren: I want to know all her backstory immediately. She is so strange and powerful and eerie. I think that her back story would be one of the most amazing thing I'd ever seen. 

Azriel: I love his angsty, quiet love. I thought that he was a perfect spy and full of interesting secrets of his own. I wonder how long he's loved Mor. I can't be mad at him. At all.

Cassian: I thought that his character was interesting in the background. I thought that he was a tough brute but I wonder about his life without Mor. I also found it interesting that Rhys said he vomited after battle. I hope that Nesta is his mate in all honesty.

Ianthe: I hate her! I knew she wasn't good when I first heard about her but then after Rhys let Feyre into his mind I couldn't shake the feeling that she was more than a little power hungry. What a horrible, yet amazing villian.

The King: How terribly wicked his is. Or is he controlled by the cauldron as much as he controls it.


Moments to Remember: 
Pg. 117
"I was burning through books every day- stories about people and places I'd never heard of. They were perhaps the only thing that kept me teetering into utter despair."

Pg. 495
"'You were in love with him; you were going to marry him. And then you... you were enduring everything and it didn't feel right to tell you.'"

Final Line: "And so Tamlin unwittingly led the High Lady of the Night Court into the heart of his territory."

Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment