Thursday, September 29, 2016

Spoiler: The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins

So I picked up this read thinking it would be a perfect fall read as it was said to be chilling and suspenseful. I found that both of these things are true, but I also saw too much about this book before I started reading it as it's being released as a movie soon. So many trailers. I also found that everyone saying their is a giant twist, didn't really help me in the long run. As I've mentioned previously I'm an over thinker and super suspicious. Therefore, I suspected Tom, but then thought that I must be the crazy one only to come back to him time and time again as a possible suspect ( I also watch some crime tv, don't judge a girl). Overall I enjoyed my time reading this book but it didn't blow me out of the water.

Characters:
Rachel: There has never been a character that was so drowned in her own pity than Rachel. She couldn't have a child, so she took up drinking, she then got left behind from her husband with a blonde young woman. Ok so that's sad, don't get me wrong and at first I felt sad for her. But then when she was on and off the bottle more times than I could count, I just started to feel annoyed. I'm grateful that she was stubborn in finding out about Megan but overall she's just a sad character to read from.

Anne:  I don't care for her either. To think that her husband who cheated with his first wife with her wouldn't cheat again, well that's just stupid. I don't want to say that people don't change but... I wonder. I also found that her fear of Rachel was a little strange. For her child's sake of course but other than that I guess I just don't understand. That being said, I want to know what she whispered to Tom in the last few pages.

Megan: I'm not going to say she got what she had coming, but I will say that she lead a strange life. To have kept such dark secrets to herself for so long... that's scary and I wonder what else she might have opened up about given the chance. 

Scott: I thought for a moment that he had killed her, but he just didn't seem like that type of man. To go through her things was obsessive but to kill her, that's a whole different ball game. I do wonder what he'll do now though.

Kamal: Was their affair real? I'm not sure I understand what happened overall here.

Tom: What a sack of garbage!! I mean really to lie about everything with everyone around you that's gotta do some messed up things to a person. Not that I doubted it based on what he did to Megan. Also shifting the blame. No one made you bludgeon someone to death you oaf. 

Moments to Remember:
Final Line: "And I have to get up early tomorrow morning, to catch the train."

Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment