Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Book Review: Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan


7741325
Title: Dash & Lily's Book of Dares
Authors: Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
Series/Standalone: Dash and Lily (Book #1)
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Pages: 260
Publisher: Ember
Year Published: 2010
Format: Physical Copy (Own It)
First Line: "Imagine this: You're in your favorite bookstore, scanning the shelves."

"'I've left some clues for you. If you wan them, turn the page. If you don't, put the book back on the shelf, please.

Lily has left a red notebook full of challenges on her favorite bookstore shelf, waiting for just the right guy to come along and accept its dares. Dash, in a bad mood during the holidays, happens to be the first guy to pick up the notebook and rise to its challenges.

What follows is a whirlwind romance as Dash and Lily trade dares, dreams and desires in the notebook they pass back and forth at locations all across New York City. But can their in-person selves possibly connect as well as their notebook versions, or will their scavenger hunt end in a comic mismatch of disastrous proportions?"

My Rating: 3/5

This is a highly raved about book for the holiday season, which is why I decided to pick it up with year around the holidays. I thought that this story would be right up my alley especially at the start with a sarcastic, nerdy character to read from at the start. Throughout the book though i found that it overall was rather blah. I should be able to get through this book in an evening or a few hours, but sadly it took me almost two weeks to work my way through it. I think that the characters were sweet and lovable but at the same time too young for me to be reading from. While I own the second book, I doubt I'll pick it up again until the next holiday season.

Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment