Thursday, January 18, 2018

Book Review: Fairest by Marissa Meyer


22489107
Title: Fairest
Author: Marissa Meyer
Series/Standalone: The Lunar Chronicles (Book #3.5)
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Science Fiction
Pages: 220
Publisher: Feiwel and Friends
Year Published: 2015
Format: Physical Copy (Own It)
First Line: "She was lying on a burning pyre, hot coals beneath her back."

"Mirror, mirror, on the wall. Who is the Fairest of them all?
Fans of the Lunar Chronicles know Queen Levana as a ruler who uses her 'glamour' to gain power. but long before she crossed paths with Cinder, Scarlet and Cress, Levana lived a very different story- a story that has never been told... until now."

My Rating: 2.5/5

I'd heard alot of mixed reviews about this installment in the Lunar Chronicles and unfortunately I just didn't love it. I know that this story is written to further explore why Levana is the way she is, but I just didn't like it. I think that this story explores a different side of Levana but I felt strongly that it was trying to justify Levana's choices, which I just wasn't ok with. That being said, it did open the door to Princess Winter for the Fourth book. I'm looking forward to finishing the series and exploring Winter's p.o.v from Luna.

Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment