Sunday, January 7, 2018

Book Review: The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion


17302192
Title: The Rosie Project
Author: Graeme Simsion
Series/Standalone: Don Tillman (Book #1)
Genre: Fiction, Romance, Contemporary, Humor
Pages: 329
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers LTD
Year Published: 2013
Format: Physical Copy (Library Book)
First Line: "I may have found a solution to the Wife Problem."

"Wife Wanted.
Must be punctual, logical and enjoy travelling by bicycle. No smoker, drinkers or horscope readers need apply.

Don Tillman has a brilliant scientific mind, but social situations confound him. He's never had a second date. And so, in the evidence-based in which he approaches all things, he embarks upon the Wife Project: a sixteen-page questionnaire to find the perfect partner. Then in walks Rosie Jarman.

Rosie is on a quest of her own. She's looking for her biological father, a search that a certain gentics expert might just be able to help her with. Soon Don puts the Wife project on the back burner in order to help Rosie pursue the Father Project. As an unlikely relationship blooms, Don is about to realize that despite the best scientific efforts, you don't find love: love finds you."

My Rating: 4/5

This is the first book that I'm reading as a group with a book club I joined at my local library. I'm trying to branch out from young adult books and getting more involved in the community as a whole. Overall I really enjoyed this book, it was fun and humorous without taking itself too seriously. I don't think I would continue the series unless the book club continues with it, not because I didn't like the novel I was just satisfied with how the story wrapped up. I loved the way this book dealt with the idea of Asperger's and social scenarios for people whose brains work in a different way.

Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment