Thursday, January 18, 2018

Spoiler: Fairest by Marissa Meyer

Unfortunately this is my least favorite book of the series so far. I understand the purpose of the story and why it's important to further understand Levana as a villain, but this story seemed to be trying to justify her actions towards those around her. And it just didn't seem to make sense to me. Yes she'd lived a tough life and had been assualted by her sister, but that didn't mean she had the right to manipulate everyone around her. If anything it just showed that her mental health probably wasn't in the best place as she was able to justify everything she "had" to do. 

Characters:
Levana: I think that she just wasn't able to trust those around her and believe that anyone would love her for who she really was which is just a shame. I also think that the fact that she was able to justify her horrible actions just shows how much of villain she really is.

Winter: I think that she is going to be a huge part of the next story and I wonder about her sanity as well just based on the way we've seen her throughout the series.

Selene: To be punished just for being a child of someone who was cruel is ridiculous.

Evret: To be forced into a marriage and into sharing a bed with someone is horrible. Especially after trying to be supportive in the kindest way. I don't know how he was able to live his life with her knowing that she was using his dead wifes face. It's horrifying to think about.

Channary: She was undoubtedly cruel, and I wonder what her reasoning for her actions toward Levana were. Why would you put your younger sister in a fire. That's madness. I can't say that I'm sorry she met her death. 

Sol: I loved her and she was a sweet woman, and at least she didn't die at Levana's hand.


Moments to Remember:
Final Line: "Here is what I think of love."

Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment