Monday, January 29, 2018

Spoiler: Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi

This series is really surprising me. It's different than other dystopian novels that I've read. The idea of people in a compound having technology to transport them to other places was an interesting idea. I also really enjoy the idea of the tribes outside. I also enjoyed the two perspectives that were so different. This audiobook also had a far better narrator and I appreciated it greatly. Overall I'm really enjoying this dystopian series and I'm excited to continue. 

Characters:
Perry: I think that he found himself in a tough position for the majority of this book. He had thought for so long that being Blood Lord would be easy. And after seeing the struggles he was going to face, he realized that maybe it wasn't as simple as he thought. Especially having to choose between someone he loves and his duty. Which I'm sure Reef didn't help with.

Reef: There's something about this guy that I just don't trust. I have a feeling he's trying to take over the Tides behind Perry's back. 

Talon: I think that Talon is experiencing so many changes especially watching the compound that he was taken to fall apart around him. I wonder if he will continue to be healthy, or if his health will fail once again on the outside.

Aria: I loved that she grew into so much more than Perry's "girl". She was able to hold her own during fights and willing to do anything for her friends, something I can definitely appreciate. I look forward to seeing more of her growth in the last instalment of the series.

Soren: I wonder what will keep him from losing it again, is it just a matter of time or will he continue to be "nice".

Roar: To lose someone when you're so close to getting them back is horrible to imagine, and it's broke my heart to see him lose Liv. I also felt heartbroken when he thought that she was over him and didn't want to be with her anymore. His poor heart.

Cinder: When he finally thought he would be safe and accepted and then he was taken. I hope that he makes it through to the still blue, just not with Sable and Hess. He belongs with Aria and Perry... duh. 

Liv: I wish we had gotten to know her better, and I think that there is a novella with her and Roar before the story of the first book begins. I'm curious about her relationship with Sable and how she got him eating out of the palm of her hand, to begin with.

Counsel Hess: This guy clearly has no conscience, or he can justify what he's doing to the extra people in the pods. I wonder what he'll do if Aria catches up with him. 

Sable: I wonder about his backstory and how he was able to kill Liv so easily. I also wonder how he found the location of the still blue to start with


Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment