Monday, January 8, 2018

Book Review: Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult


8554005

Title: Sing You Home
Author: Jodi Picoult
Series/Standalone: Standalone
Genre: Adult Fiction, Chicklit, LGBT
Pages: 466
Publisher: Atria Books
Year Published: 2011
Format: Physical Copy
First Line: "One sunny, crisp Saturday in September when I was seven years old, I watched my father drop dead."

"Every life has a soundtrack. All you have to do is listen.

In the aftermath of a series of personal tragedies, Zoe throws herself into her career as a music therapist. When an unexpected friendship slowly blossoms into love, she makes plans for a new life, but to her shock and inevitable rage, some people- even those she loves and trusts most- don't want that to happen.

Sing You Home explores the delicate boundaries of identity, love, marriage, and parenthood. What happens when the outside world brutally calls into question the very thing closest to our hearts: family? Once again, Jodi Picoult gracefully brings the hidden tension of life sharply into focus in this poignantly honest novel."

My Rating: 4/5

I know that Jodi Picoult is a very popular author for chicklit and adult fiction, but this is the first novel of hers that I have read. And I really enjoyed it. I came to realize though  that Jodi Picoult is to chicklit, what Nicholas Sparks is to romance. A standard if that makes sense. Not to say that I didn't enjoy this story. I think that this book does an interesting job of questioning values and relationships, especially the idea of families in the modern day. 
I also think that Jodi Picoult does a great job of hitting hard right from the start, which makes me interested in reading more of her works.

Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment