Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Spoiler: The Dangerous Days Of Daniel X by James Patterson & Michael Ledwidge

I'd like to start this spoiler off with a little fact about me. I don't usually read the description on the back of the book. For many readers, this is thought unthinkable, but here I am, a book reviewer who doesn't like the descriptions. See, to me, the descriptions leave nothing to the imagination and if they do, they tend to make the book sound better than it actually is. I feel better if I trust my own judgement.
So now maybe you understand why some of the books I've read haven't disappointed me as much as they might have, say if I had read the back.
This book is a perfect senario, I would have given this book a 5 if I had read the back first. But all and all this book was good. Not great or perfect, just good. I enjoyed the out of this world, literally, story telling. James Patterson did a great job with the character of Daniel but I found the other characters lacking.

Characters:Daniel: Oh boy, where do I start?! This kid is insanely smart!!! He makes Sheldon Cooper look like a dumb a**. He just knows things and I hoped that his superpower to create would be used to save humanity a little more one on one. I love Spiderman, so this whole fight a huge planet of aliens kind of lost on me. I wished that he had more of a damsel in distress, or a partner something that made me relate to the character a little bit more.

Seth: The source of evil in this book is named Seth, a horse headed alien who is also a major director in hollywood. I couldn't quite picture Seth because of my love for horses, but all and all he seemed very frightening. The Penelope act was GENIOUS! What better to trap a teenage boy than through his hormones?

Drang: I decided to treat these four as one characters as they aren't very complicated. I find it funny that Daniel is in love with Dana, his own creation. Mainly the group is there for Daniel in his time of need, even though they came from his mind.

Grandma Blaleen: By far my favorite character, she just seems like the regular grandma. You know, pinching your cheeks, baking cookies, doing surgery with gardening tools... :P

Favorite Lines & Moments:
♥Pg. 40
"And if you think about it, creating is the best superpower of them all. It's a whole lot better than being part spider."

♥Pg. 86
"By the way, I'm not crazy for thinking elephants are completely amazing. You will too when you know this true story: Elephants were brought to Earth about three million years ago. From my planet. It was my people's gift to Terra Firma."

♥Pg. 117
"I don't know about you, but whenever I'm slimed and hog-tied in the stow-and-go seat  well of a minivan, I tend to do a little soul-searching."


Hope you enjoyed.
Love,
Sidny ♥♪♫

No comments:

Post a Comment