Sunday, June 18, 2017

Review: Saga Vol. 2 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples


17131869

Title: Saga Vol. 2
Writer: Brian K. Vaughan
Artist: Fiona Staples
Pages: 144
Genre: Graphic Novel, Comic, Fantasy, Science Fiction
Publisher: Image Comics
Year Published: 2013
Format: Paperback trade copy (Own it)

"From award-winning writer Brain K. Vaughan (Pride of Baghdad, Ex Machina) and critically acclaimed artist Fiona Staples (Mystery Society, Done to Death), Saga is a sweeping tale of one young family fighting to find their place in the universe. Thanks to her star-crossed parents Marko and Alana, newborn baby Hazel has already survived lethal assassins, rampaging armies, and horrific monsters, but in the cold vastness of out space, the little girl encounters her strangest adventure yet...
grandparents."

My Rating: 5/5

So I binge read this while I was indulging in some beverages last night and I loved it! Just as much as the first one if not more. I think that this instalment did a really good job of giving some background to the first volume. Readers have been introduced to aspects of this world, but this really explains them. And while this still has very adult themes, they are less in your face in this second volume. I really love the art in these comics and there are times while reading that I pause just to appreciate the hard work that the creators obviously put into this series. I can't wait to continue on with the series next month (I'm trying to pace myself so  I don't run out of volumes that have been published). I am also interested in more graphic novels that are similar to this series, so if you have any suggestions please let me know. 

Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment