Thursday, September 8, 2011

Book Review: Isle of Swords by Wayne Thomas Batson

"A tale of a mysterious island... of treasures and riches beyond imagination... of greed and honor... of sacrifice and friendship.""The Wallace's crew is starving, the ship is falling apart in shark-infested waters and the only place close enough to gather supplies and make repairs is the territory of the most ruthless man alive: The black-hearted pirate Bartholomew Thorne.""It's a high-seas adventure of danger, intrigue and betrayal...""Captain Declan Ross searches for riches that will free him and his headstrong daughter Anne from the piracy business forever.Captain Bartholomew Throne, an infamously ruthless pirate, seeks to destroy any who stand in the way of his finding the monks' treasure- especially Captain Ross.A young lad of about sixteen awakens on an island, alone and brutally injured, with no memory of who he is. could the rare diamond he clutches be part of the treasure?Wayne Thomas Batson weaves a spell-binding adventure filled with high-seas drama where battles rage, voices whisper from the tomb, a long-dormant volcano awakens, and a sea creature slithers in the deep as the pirates race for hidden treasure."
I'm giving this book a 4/5. I really enjoy pirates and I think if they made a movie it would show more dynamics then I could imagine. I enjoyed Anne's character the most she is a strong female in a male's world for the 1700 setting it is based in (if that makes sense). I think in some ways the plot wasn't as good and it didn't grip me quite as much as other books but towards the middle it really picked up and I was hooked. The way that Batson shows alll the characters' thoughts and emotions was awesome. I really enjoyed this book as I have never read a book about pirates before and it certainly set the bar.THANK YOU WAYNE THOMAS BATSON FOR SHOWING A FEMALE WHO IS AS STRONG AS THE OTHER CHARACTERS!
Sincerely, Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment