Thursday, September 8, 2011

Spoiler: Isle of Swords by Wayne Thomas Batson

This book was quite enjoyable as it set the tone for female readers. Being a girl I enjoyed Anne's take hold personality where she lets no one belittle her because of her gender. I can't imagine a better role model for younger girls. This book was found in my library's young adult section because of the violence but i would easily suggest it to 10 and up, as it has no sex or drugs well maybe a little drugs that could be in the second one (Still reading it). I was dissappointed in the way that Cat was so obviously the son of Bartholomew Thorne. I did not expect Padre would die. That was sad I liked him for a monk. If you are not that religious you may disagree about me rating these a nine because they are slightly religios but oh so interesting. My favourite character is Anne as I said in the book review, for her spunk and the fact that she breaks the mold.If you would like to discuss this book please comment by clicking the comment button :)Sincerely, Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment